- To register, visit nytimes.com/passes. Use your sps.edu email address to create an account.
- After registering, access your account via nytimes.com or the NYTimes app (available via nytimes.com/mobile)
- Access includes unlimited access to current articles, everything from 1851-1922, and 5 articles per day published between 1923-1980.
- Black Life in America: News coverage of black life in America from the 18th century to the present day
- Access World News: Thousands of global news sources, both international and domestic. News articles are translated into English. The collection is updated daily
- America's Historical Newspapers: Hundreds of regional U.S. historical newspapers. The collection includes newspapers from every U.S. state.
Newspapers Digital Collections:
Ebsco Discovery Service: Search the majority of the library’s digital collections with one box, one click.
EBSCOhost: A suite of online databases providing access to current academic, general, business, education and health periodicals. Date of coverage varies by title, but is largely from the 1970’s to the present day.
Ebsco's Explora: This eCollection combines several of the Ebsco database to provide a single search of 100+ years of digitized magazines, newspapers, journals, reference texts, and Associated Press newsreels.
Ebsco Magazine Archives: Full archives of the following magazine titles (start date indicated in parentheses): The New Republic (1914), The National Review (1955), The Nation (1865), Fortune (1930), Life Magazine (1936), Time Magazine (1923).
First World War: Created by Adam Matthew digital with content provided from several international libraries. This archive contains digitized international content related to WWI including: diaries, trench literature, cartoon, propaganda, posters and maps.
Gale in Context: Biography : Over half-a-million biographies compiled from digitized reference sets.
Gale in Context: Environmental Studies: Contains global perspectives on environmental issues around the world. Sources include: reference book articles, newspapers, broadcast news, radio news, magazines, newspapers, reports and scholarly journals.
Gale in Context: Global Issues: This eCollection contains global perspectives on issues around the world. Sources include: reference book articles, newspapers, broadcast news, radio news, magazines, newspapers and scholarly journals.
Gale in Context: Science: This eCollection contains information about topics from multiple science fields. Sources include: reference book articles, newspapers, videos, magazines, experiments and scholarly journals.
Illustrated London News Historical Archive: 1842-2003: Full-text of the Illustrated London News 1842 – 2003.
London Times Digital Archive 1785 -2014: Full-text of the London Times, 1785-2014.
New York Times : The library provides access to the NYTimes.com.
NewsBank: A collection of news and newspaper databases including the Concord Monitor and the Union Leader (updated daily). To access specific news collections from Newsbank please use the links below:
Nineteenth Century US Newspapers: Features 500 U.S. newspapers covering the time period 1800-1900.
Wall Street Journal: The Library purchases campus network access to the Wall Street Journal site. To access, simply visit www.wsj.com/highschool while on school grounds. Off network access to this resource is available via password. Please contact the library to obtain the username and password for this specific resource.