Click image for details

St. Paul's School Archives

Vanished Buildings of St. Paul's School

Second Lower School (c1891)

SPS Second Lower School (c1891)

Second Lower School. Architect: Henry Vaughn. Built in 1890 - 1891; altered 1915, 1919.Torn down in 1971. Current site of Ohrstrom Library. The "New" Lower School replaced the Lower School originally housed in the Shute Cottage (part of "Old" Middle). It was the second of Henry Vaughan's four commissions at St. Paul's School (the other three were the New Chapel, the New Upper, and the Orphans' Home Chapel).

Back to the Vanished Buildings List

© St. Paul's School, Concord, NH: Courtesy of Ohrstrom Library. All rights reserved.

For reference use only. Commercial use or publication is strictly prohibited without written permission from St. Paul's School.