What is Interlibrary Loan (ILL)?
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) offers SPS students and employees access to materials not available in Ohrstrom Library. Ohrstrom Library staff borrows these materials from other libraries on your behalf.
How do I place an Interlibrary Loan Request?
- Please visit the library’s front desk to obtain the appropriate Interlibrary Loan Form (Book or Article).
- You may also access these forms online using the links below:
How many ILL Requests can I place at a time?
We cannot accept requests of more than 5 items at a time per week.
How long will I have to wait to receive my ILL?
Requested materials generally arrive at the library within 2 to 3 weeks.
Where do I pick up and return my ILL materials?
Interlibrary loan items can be both picked up and dropped off at the library’s front desk.
Here are some things to keep in mind:
- The borrower is responsible for the timely return of all loaned materials.
- Materials are to be returned in the same condition they were received in.
- Any lost or damaged items will be billed to the borrower.
What can I borrow through ILL?
We are typically able to borrow most books and periodical articles.
What can’t I borrow through ILL?
We are unable to borrow or loan AV, other non-print and special collection items including:
- Rare Books / Reference Books
- Entire issues of periodicals
ILL Staff Contacts
For additional information, please feel free to contact a member of the ILL staff:
- Sandra Chauvin, Circulation Librarian: schauvin at sps dot edu, or ext. 4865