The Form of 1970 Library Catalog
What is included in the Online Catalog?
The online Catalog is your resource for finding materials at Ohrstrom Library.
The online catalog will indicate if we own the following:
- Books (print and eBooks)
- Reserve items
- Materials on order or in process
For additional information or for specific assistance with searching the Online Catalog, please inquire at the Library’s front desk and/or click HERE to consult the catalog HELP document.
DDC Call Numbers
Ohrstrom Library uses the Dewey Decimal Classification System to classify its holdings.
Listed below are the main classes of subjects within the Dewey Decimal Classification System followed by some special categories that Ohrstrom Library uses:
- 000 Computer science, information & general works
- 100 Philosophy & psychology
- 200 Religion
- 300 Social sciences
- 400 Language
- 500 Natural sciences & mathematics
- 600 Technology (Applied sciences)
- 700 Arts & recreation
- 800 Literature & rhetoric
- 900 History & geography
- FICTION Shelved before the 800s – alphabetical by author
- JR FICTION Shelved after the 800s – children’s and young adult books
- BIOGRAPHY Shelved at the end of the 900s – alphabetical by referent